Friday 15 May 2015

Tack för alla fina gratulationer och presenter!

Exactly three months have passed since my last blogpost, and I will spare you the usual "lack of time" part...

This is certainly a very exciting time for us: We got engaged, have other big projects "in the making" and so on and so forth. Interestingly, just a few days before the marriage proposal, I started to pack away most things from my days in Helsinki / Finland. From my native city Hamburg / Germany, I have even less items left these days. Well, this is how it goes when one has lived the life of a Rock'n'Roll wanderer for years... ;o) Those were the wild, restless days, and as much as I love to have all those beautiful memories in my heart, my life went on around three years ago when I decided to settle down with my love here in Turku / Finland. And so it was simply time to kiss most of the souvenirs goodbye...  


And this was just the tip of the iceberg... ;o)

After the engagement, I became occupied with other things than re-organising our walk-in closet. Some of you might know what this was all about... ;o) 


By the way, if you are in need of a photography store in Turku, I can highly recommend "Kuva-Paijula" (Address: Hämeenkatu 1, 20500 Turku)... 


At the post office in the city centre of Turku, my breath was taken away by these postage stamps... 


I never expected to find postage stamps which would fit the occasion so perfectly. The stamps were designed and photographed by Ari Lakaniemi and Susanna Rumpu, and released in the year 2012 (Another fact which fits quite perfectly... ;o) ).

During the following weeks, we received phone calls, text messages, emails - and engagement greeting cards... 


We even got some "Förlovningspresenter" [Swedish for: "Engagement Gifts"]... 


Once again: Thank you all sooo much for all the congratulations and "förlovningspresenter"! ♥

From Turku with love, 
Stefanie



No comments: