Monday 14 December 2015

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans



"Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans."

This quote by John Lennon has never been as applicable to my life as it is the case right now.

As mentioned in the fourth and so far last part of the written series "Office catastrophes in Norway", there are some news I would like to share with you, happy news, and I try to make it short: My love and I are currently packing our stuff since we are going to be very, very soon on our way back home to Finland. Not for Christmas, not for New Year's Eve - but for several months!

Despite having an ongoing exchange year here in Tromsø / Norway until summer 2016, my love received a very tempting job offer in Finland. It's a temporary employment. And despite me having much better job and career opportunities here in Norway than in Finland and specific plans for January and February 2016 in Tromsø, I decided to accompany my love to Finland - and to skip all planned events such as "Tromsø International Filmfestival 2016", "Nordlysfestivalen 2016" and the two concerts of Sivert Høyem in Tromsø. It's the absolutely right thing to do. Without any doubt. 

I mean: As much as I love to write in general, writing about catastrophic conditions in the offices of the country I currently live in is not precisely the way I want to lead my life. And so isn't paying the so far highest rent in my life while facing alternatively continuous power failures, false fire alarms or the water supply being turned off repeatedly without any notification beforehand.

The job offer my love received in Finland might turn out to be a great opportunity not only for him but also for me, and I'm looking forward to it.

We won't be back in Norway before April 2016. And the next post will probably be written in Finland. :o) 

So long!

No comments: